Monday, July 9, 2012

Independence Day

IMG_6169IMG_6143I’m a little slow to get this up. Can I blame the heat? It’s been in the mid to upper 90’s every day for the last week or so.

Anyway, we did enjoy a lovely 4th of July. We went over to Buhl to watch the parade. As usual, I managed to sunburn my shoulders. This was with two applications of sunscreen. I was once again reminded why I don’t wear sleeveless shirts when its hot. Fortunately, the kids and Kevin remained unscathed.

Both kids enjoyed the parade. For Jack it was all about ATV’s, Tractors, Swathers, and trucks. Emilie enjoyed the candy part. The sweet tooth on this child knows no bounds.

IMG_6148After the parade we moseyed around Buhl for awhile, grabbed some lunch, came home and chilled out. Both kids took good naps. We BBQ’s some ribs for dinner and roasted s’mores.

We didn’t do too many fireworks. While Em takes it all in stride, anything that makes loud noises make Jack nervous. Those green tanks sent him running for cover in the house. Oddly though, he loooooves Pop-its. He went through two or three boxes of those. We also got some glow stick bracelets that both the kids like.

Turns out glow sticks also make a very nice personal night-light and they help a certain young man sleep better in his own bed. He wear one and Blue Puppy wears one and off to bed they go with their ‘Christmas Lights’ as Jack calls them.

IMG_6131IMG_6136

Oh, and before I forget. One cool thing about the Buhl parade was that they have small planes buzz the parade route before the parade starts. This seemed to be a favorite with everyone…Jack especially.

No comments: