The things we’ll do for our kids….
Jack needs new shoes. Not only are his current ones falling apart, but they are getting a little snug. Time for the next size up. I’m willing to let Jack pick whatever shoe he wants as long as it’s a sneaker (we’ve got rain boots, snow boots, flips-flops, and sandals for when they are needed and I want something serviceable for everyday use). Unfortunately, right now he’s really in love with his current pair. Other kids go for Cars, Spiderman, Toy Story, or other themed shoes….mine wants the ones with the bright yellow soles.
K-Mart was where we originally found his ‘yellow shoes’ and while they still had the same style they didn’t have any in a size 9. Figures! All Payless had in non-dress shoes or sandals were wide width; Target wasn’t much better unless I wanted to drop $30 or more. I even searched Amazon.com under boy toddler shoes and came up empty.
After two weeks of searching the local stores I had given up on the yellow shoes. In fact I was beginning to feel like nobody had a decent size 9 shoes in my price range period. Then inspiration struck. Why not try Kmart online? I looked up their selection of boys toddler shoes…nada. This was my last idea and after this we were just going to grab the first pair of size 9 sneakers we saw, flashing lights or not, so just in case I decided to search by the brand name on the shoe to see if I could find something similar that would work.
Wouldn’t you know it the same exact yellow shoe popped right up on the screen! They had size 9 and everything! So why couldn’t I find it before? Seems it is labeled as a ‘”girls” shoe so when I looked for BOYS shoes it didn’t come up. Who would have guessed it was a girls shoe? Screw the ‘girls’ label I ordered him a pair. They don’t look girly to me anyway, but I will know how to find them if I have to order a pair again!
2 comments:
After many failed attempts at buying shoes around here, I started buying at payless.com. They will ship them to your store for free. So, when they have a sale I usually by 2-4 pairs of shoes (tennis shoes and church shoes for the next size or two). They come to the store and I don't have to worry about the selection they have when I actually need them. Shipping does take about 2 weeks, but since I buy ahead that isn't a problem. Don't know if that would help you but I thought I would share!
That is a good idea Kelli. I am learning to watch for sales and buy in advance myself. We bought winter coats for next winter for both kids last week because they are 50% off at Target currently.
Emilie is going to start needing shoes soon and since shoes are one thing I like to buy new I should just start shopping when I see sales huh?
Post a Comment