Sunday, February 12, 2012

Three Year Old Valentine’s

IMG_4368

IMG_4375Jack’s preschool held it’s Valentine’s Day party. Valentine’s Day isn’t for a few more days, but the school does all its holiday celebrations the Friday prior to the holiday.

There are quite a few more children in Jack’s class than last year, trust me I assembled most of Jack’s Valentine’s and I definitely filled out more than last year! While schedules among children vary normally everyone tends to show up for class parties. There was around 20 kids in all so they were looking for help from a couple of parents. I volunteered in a heartbeat. Watching these 3-years olds have a party is pretty darn entertaining and sweet!

IMG_4385They played Valentine themed games all morning then had a pizza party for lunch. When I got there (they only needed the extra hands at lunch) Jack was sitting in a chair by himself while the other kids played Simon Says. When I asked his teacher why he wasn’t playing she said he stopped a few minutes earlier when the kitchen folks brought in pink frosted sugar cookies that were to be desert. He wanted a cookie. When told he couldn’t have one until after he ate lunch he decided to sit and wait for lunch to be served instead of going back to play. Motivated by food….that sounds like my kid.

As the younger sibling, Emilie got to come with me by default. If the photos are any evidence she had a blast! Jack’s classmates love it when I bring “the baby” to class. You put her down and within a few seconds the scene looks like the photo below right.

IMG_4372IMG_4383

She’s a magnet for attention. It’s like she’s a very small rock star and they are her groupies. The kids just fawn all over her and she hands out drool covered smiles without hesitation.

IMG_4393I will admit the day was a little bittersweet. Jack’s teacher is leaving and Friday was Miss Krystal’s last day. Her husband got a new job up north and it’s too far for her to commute. Jack loves Miss Krystal and talks about her all the time. I’ve tried explaining it to him but I’m not sure he understands. Next week may be a little rough as he has to adjust to having Miss Emily for a teacher. Miss Emily seems pretty awesome so hopefully he will transition fast.

IMG_4397

 

For anyone who may be wondering. Jack did get his pink frosted cookie eventually. Then we found another one in his Valentine box when he got home from school. I let him pick one piece of candy from his box to eat that afternoon. Three guesses as to what he picked.

No comments: