Sunday, February 26, 2012

Note From the Author

*GASP!!* I think it’s been over a week since I last posted. I gave up Facebook for Lent and it seem to be spilling over into my computer usage in general. Why get on the computer if you can’t go snoop on other people??? ;-P

Not to worry thought I’ve been keeping busy…there is life outside Facebook. Around here it’s called Jack & Emilie. Currently they are back in the “Big Bedroom” aka Mom and Dad’s room and I hear lots of squealing.

Just wanted to take a moment for a few Thank Yous and a Congratulations!.

Thank You #1 goes to Aunt Sally & Uncle Wally! Thank you for the magazines and CD’s. The kids have enjoyed looking at (or in Emilie’s case, eating) the pictures! They’ve literally read them two pieces in the last few weeks. The CD’s made a nice addition to our skimpy collection of children’s songs and they’ve actually been a double blessing. I transferred the music to my iPod, our standard listening format, then passed the CD to my sister for her two boys. She says it’s a big improvement over her single CD of Dinosaur Songs. In all 4 kidlets are benefitting from the music. Thanks again.

IMG_4363

Thank You #2 goes to Kelli H.! Thanks for suggesting I try Meetup.com  when I said I couldn’t find a Mom’s group in my area. There was one on Meetup. I’ve been to 2 events now and it’s a great group of women. Thank you for directing me to this wonderful resource.

Congratulations go to my brother in-law Rob! Rob has accepted a job with the US Patent and Trademark office! His start date is mid-March. The Butcher’s are on the move to Virginia, and I think we need to start planning a trip to see Washington D.C. once they are settled.

1 comment:

Ben, Kelli, Nicholas and Eli said...

I'm so glad you found a group! Being a stay at home mom tends to isolate one from other people so you need a great group to be involved in!! :)