While ‘fall’ is just hinting around down here in the valley it has come full force to the woods. Southern Idaho is definitely no known for its fall colors but the beauty can easily be found in the blaze of color made by Aspens in the South Hills.
Last Saturday was one of the first full weekends that we’ve had where nothing was planned out. I think the last weekend we had like this was back in June. Since nothing was pressing we packed up the kids and drove down to see fall in the woods and take a little hike.
![]()
It was Emilie’s first time in the backpack and she seemed to enjoy the view from her lofty perch. Due to Emilie needing the backpack Jack was booted from that seat and has been demoted to hoofing it around like the rest of us. What really happens is he walks as long as there is something interesting (like water), but otherwise plants himself in front of you so you can either pick him up or trip over him all the way up the trail.
Needless to say we picked a SHORT trail. It lead up to a little waterfall, which is little more than a trickle at this time of the year. I can’t remember the name of it. In fact the trail gets its name from the falls and I can’t remember that either. Maybe because I was too distracted making sure nobody took a header down the hill to notice.
Jack enjoyed scrabbling around on the rocks and tossing sticks into the water. The trail has a good slope there at the falls and he would scramble to the top and slide down on his bottom. It was a full time job watching him. I think Emilie’s expression on the picture at left says it all (double-click on it to see it full-size). Thank goodness that backpack has a five-point harness!
It was lots of fun though and the fall colors were out full force. One more photo of some of the colors, and a few of the little friends that were hanging out on my Mums and I’ll let you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment