Because I am two I won’t want to take a bath, but once you get me in the tub I won’t want to get out.
Because I am two I will get mad when you won’t let me drive your car.
Because I am two I will have dirt and food on my face and sticky hands unless you want to follow me around all day with a washcloth.
Because I am two I will love my baby sister with all my heart…until she touches my toys.
Because I am two you will make all the silly noises I love when you read me books.
Because I am two you will read the same book seven times in a row and then “just once more” when I ask you to read it again.
Because I am two there is no such thing as “a quick trip to the store” with me tow.
Because I am two I’d prefer to run around naked; but if I must wear clothes make sure to put on my blue helicopter shirt, even if I’ve worn it the last three days in a row.
Because I am two gravel from the parking lot is the coolest thing ever!
Because I am two I won’t like it when you insist on rubbing sunscreen on me when I go out to play. However, if you use the spray on stuff I will laugh and laugh and not want you to stop applying it.
Because I am two I can be falling asleep at the lunch table but still won’t want to take a nap.
Because I am two I will not want to go to bed, but I won’t want to get up in the morning either.
Because I am two you will make funny faces, silly sounds, and do dizzy dances if it will make me laugh.
Because I am two I will be ‘Mommy’s little helper’ whether you need my help or not.
Because I am two I will make sure all your bathroom visits are supervised.
Because I am two I will say the most inappropriate things, loudly, in the most public of places.
Because I am two I will say the most hilarious things and make you snort milk out your nose.
Because I am two I will need you to find my favorite “blue puppy” even if he is lying in plain sight on the floor two feet away.
Because I am two I can eat a full meal and be starving five minutes later.
Because I am two I will not tell you where I put my other shoe when we are running 15 minutes late and need to get out the door.
Because I am two you will purposely drive through construction zones because seeing all the big machines makes me happy.
Because I am two not just any plate or cup will do. It must be the train plate and cup with the cow on it, or else I will not eat.
Because I am two I don’t have a problem with crawling beneath the table to eat whatever may be under there.
Because I am two when people say they “want to take me home with them,” you just might consider it.
Because I am two I do not understand what “sleeping in” on Saturday means.
Because I am two drinking from the dog’s water bucket is just as good as using a cup
Because I am two the cat’s food is a yummy snack.
Because I am two I can watch the same movie over and over and over and over and still want to watch it again.
Because I am two I can go from loveable and charming to horrid and unpleasant in two seconds flat.
Because I am two I will drive you up the wall, but you wouldn’t trade me for the world.
This is a poem, ode, or whatever you want to call it, is inspired by my 2.5 year old son. He does so many funny and annoying things and I often find myself saying, “Well, he is two…” I thought I should write them down so I can look back and remember this time someday. ~Cassie
6 comments:
Just wait until he is 3!!!
So true! Glad we're not alone!
Spot on Cassie! I especially agree on the bath one. :)
I agree with Carrie. Most of those thoughts still apply to my just turned 4 year old! Thanks for making me smile!
Yeah, I've been told it only gets "better" with age, but since his is only two "Because I am Two" seemed appropriate.
A lot of those points still apply to his dad (and uncle)!
Post a Comment