Saturday was Federal Employee night at the Idaho Steelheads Hockey game. We figured it sounded like fun. Jack had never been to a sporting event, I have never been to a Hockey game, and you got a free meal with your ticket purchase, so why not? Needless to say we had a blast!
Jack loved watching all the action (on the ice and off). Lots of ‘firsts’ for him that night. He saw his first game, his first goal, met his first mascot (which he hugged, then tried to bit the tongue of), and his first through tenth (at least) fight……. All in all I think he is ready to go back and do it again.
2 comments:
Your first game!?! Wow! I remember going to my first game. I was somewhere around 6. Nobody warned me that they fight at the games. A fight broke out and I started crying because I thought fighting was wrong and we would all have to go home early...then my mom explained to me how hockey works. HEHE...Glad you had fun!
Yep, been to just about every other type of sporting event, but not Hockey. My parents aren't big sports enthusiats so growing up we didn't go to games unless it was one of my or my sisters sports events, or we got invited by friends. So even with the Winterhawks right across the river I never made it to a game...but there is no time like the present to start enjoying it right?
Post a Comment