Whew! No sooner is the bird resting comfortably in everyone’s stomach when the Christmas season kicks off. My personal goal is to be prepared in advance so that I can just sit back and relax the week prior to Christmas…or as usual, be ready to deal with all last minute things without too much hassle.
This year most of what we’ve done so far has been fun. The tree is up and my little elf is content to just point out the ‘cool’ ornaments. So far the cool ornaments are a red tricycle, Curious George riding a bike, Curious George on a unicycle,….do you see the common theme?
The closest we’ve come to tree disaster was after hanging some candy canes on the higher branches. Caught that little elf pulling his end table/stool up to the tree to see if he could help himself. So cute…so naughty. Thankfully after a good time out he hasn’t tried it again.
Over the weekend Kevin made fudge and caramels. Tonight we made sugar cookies. Sometime this week I need to get a gingerbread house constructed. Plus it is ‘Feast Week’ at work (each department takes a day of the week and makes a meal for everyone else). I’m almost scared to see what the scale will say at my next Dr’s appointment.
Pretty much we are plugging along…. There is still the office Christmas party, Jack’s daycare Christmas party, and the Church’s holiday garage sale. Pretty much Christmas will be here before you know it. I think I may even have a birthday to squeeze in there somewhere….
No comments:
Post a Comment