Yesterday we loaded everyone up in the car and took the 90 minute drive down to the coast and the town of Plymouth, MA. Located here is the Plimoth Plantation, a living history museum dedicated to the Pilgrims and Native Peoples who lived in the area when the Pilgrims arrived.
All eight of us had a great time exploring a recreation of the 17th century Plimoth colony and a Wampanoag Indian Village. I think we all enjoyed it for different reasons. While the adults were in it for a bit of education and exercise the little guys enjoyed it from a different perspective. Clayton looooved all the sticks, rocks, and dirt along with some ranging chickens and opening/closing all the doors. I guess when you are almost two that is what really rocks. Jack liked to watch everything, along with playing in the dirt. I think he liked the cows the best.
This is one of the first places we've had Jack where he really showed an interest in getting down and wandering around. In the last four or five days he has decided walking could be really useful and takes every chance to practice. I've seen him walk all the way across Carrie's kitchen...no help. We are doomed!
After we finished up at the museum we drove down and saw the actual Plymouth Rock (I am now of the opinion that Split Rock in Okanogan County is MUCH more impressive) and the Mayflower II. I got some pictures but would have got some really cool ones had the sun been shining so there was some sun for contrast and shadows. However the remnants of Hurricane Ida thwarted that plan.
Well, I'd better scoot. Mom, Carrie, and I are having a girls day out. That means Kevin, Dad, Rob, and both Clay & Jack will be fending for themselves for a few hours. Hahahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment